link fuel issue

Andy Steele

hello im new to this site, but anyways i have a 92 legacy with the G3 link. we loaded a map and the car ran great for two days. but now the car is running so rich it barely runs. we have had this issue before and seemed to fix it temperately by loaded a new custom map. im wondering if its a saving problem with the Link.? what would you guys say it might be? plus when it was running good it would rarely and randomly go rich for a second and i would loose engine power. then go back to normal like nothing happened.

Hi Andy,

There will probably be a simple reason for this, possibly an area in the MAP that is not reached often that has too much fuel, or somewhere in your warm up enrichment that isn't set correctly. EG, if you have intake airtemp correction turned on, but no sensor connected, the input can float and affect your fueling, or an incorrect calibration could make things run incorrectly. Post your pcl file here, and take a log when it happens and we might be able to see what is happening.

-Cameron

i have it set to the "ECT" . its a wire in set up non plug and play, im not sure what pin it would be hooked up to id have to look at the pin out and also ask my friend that wired it in for me. i just picked up another sensor and im going to replace it tomorrow when i wake up. cross my fingers. =)