Kawasaki Timing wheel and Ultra 250X jet ski

Guest |446|

• 2 months later...

Ray

We use a V88 marine on kawasaki jet SKI.

We use the same setting like you define in your post reply.

We calibrate the offset to 244° and the timing delay to 160ms. (200ms seems to be better)

the coils are the OEM and the module is a Bosch 200.

the timing advance doesn't move when the rev up and down from 1000 to 7500 rpm.

with the calibration OFF we checked the igniton timing advance.

when we check the timing advance on the crank we found that the ignition timing advance decreases when the rpm increases.

we use a simulator whit OEM reluctors. the ignition table is fully filled in with the same value. all the corrections are disabled.

With 20° as reference , the igntion timing is right at idle or 2000rpm then the advance decrease to 12 degree gradualy when thr rpm increase.

waiting for your help

Regards,

Little green Sumo

Francis,

The timing is checked with the timing lock on. As you say the timing is correct and the timing does not move. When you turn the timing lock off, then there are many things that effect the actual ignition timing. Putting 20 degrees in the whole ignition table will not lock the timing to 20 degrees if there is some other offset or trim active. The very reason there is a timing lock option, this the fact there are just so many other settings that effect ignition timing, and they can easily be overlooked.

If you send me your map I will find for you the ignition corrections you are over looking.

Ray.

• 1 month later...

I know this is basic, but what is the purpose of the ignition module add on? Why is it needed? I cannot figure out where it would be wired and why? I really am sorry for this basic question and lack of understanding.

I know this is basic, but what is the purpose of the ignition module add on? Why is it needed? I cannot figure out where it would be wired and why?

Some original ECU have the igniter module for the ignition coils inside the ECU rather then external or built into the ignition coils. In cases like this you need to add an external igniter module or use other coils which have the igniter inbuilt.

The igniter is just a big transistor that separates the heavy current load of charging the coil from the low current ignition outputs on the ECU.

Also, any source for plug connectors to inteface between stock harness and vipec harness.

Bruce at Rising Sun Honda in Townsville, Australia has them for the Honda, and I am sure the Kawasaki

Ray.