E36 PnP ECU questions

Scott33

Helping out a friend, and before I make changes to the stock wiring I just wanted to check a couple things:

1. Pin 27 is supposed to control the engine module relay, but there isn't anything listed in the wiring pinout about pin 27.  Similarly, pin 56 is ignition switch input, and nothing is listed in the wiring about that pin either.  Are those two linked internally so that the ecu only has power when the ignition switch is on?

2. The oxygen sensor input is connected on the right pin (pin #13); does that mean the oxygen sensor relay (pin 38) is connected somehow?  I don't see a connection listed in the help file.  Is it only active when the car is running?

There is some hardware in the ecu that pulls pin 27 low when pin 56 goes high, doesn't require any setup in the ECU.

Pin 38 and Pin 1 (Fuel pump) are both controlled by AUX 8, when you turn on the fuel pump the O2 sensor heater relay is also turned on.