Quat vvt control with e throttle module

justin sue

is it possible to have quad vvt control and electronic throttle control via a e-throttle module with a xtreme? i got one of the later xtreme ecu's (red) with out the e-throttle control built in and a quad vvt engine. the 4 vvt oil control valves need to be wired into aux 1-4 but signal 1 for the e-throttle module needs to be wired into either aux1,2,3 or 4. can signal 1 for the e-throttle module be wired into a different aux channel?

Hi,

i think this is for a v6 2grfe toyota engine?

why 4 aux? it should be possible to only use two aux.

It is not neccesary to have  different settings for each bank.

So it could be a option to put two valves on one aux. (left-inlet/right inlet and left-outlet/right-outlet)

Ralf

yea its for a 2grfe. it should be possible to double up on the control valve aux channels but any differences between the banks like oil pressure or wear on the parts would produce a slightly different offset in the cam angle. would be best to let each cam dial itself into the target angle itself i would think.

Thats very bad news. 

I don't understand the reason why the new version of the g4 extreme have that limitation.

It make no sense to me to convert a DBW Engine back to mechanical-throttleblade.

So it could not control the 2grfe and i have to look for a other ecu for my 2grfe project.

Thank you for the info.

Ralf

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ralf.

After some market research, we discovered that roughly only 1% of the sales made on the original Xtreme were using E-Throttle function, this allowed us to remove these functions (which are quite costly) and offer them in an external module for those that needed it, and make the unit a lot cheaper for everyone else.  ;)

Jurgen