trigger one error

efi265

have a trigger one error 

was cruising other day got a bad miss had to tow her home was like back firing thru intake 

have copied a file if you could take a look  replaced crank sensor with another second hand one same issue 

both read same when ohms tested don't think its  faulty i did poor water over rad as fan wasnt working it wasnt boiling hot just replaced twin fans with one and went to test and had a few traffic lights to got thru so wanted it cooler but i  thought water may have got in sensor wiring but tryed drying it out didnt work, new plugs, tested coils couldnt do igniter sparky rekoned most people cant test em ?

cheers for your thoughts

miss trigger error.pcl

Hi efi265,

If you press R when connected to the laptop and go to the TRIGGERS tab and crank the engine, does it show trigger 1 NO, Trigger 2 Yes , RPM 0, or different.

Can you bypass the ignition HOLD POWER circuit and see if the engine fires, or you get trigger 1 back.

Regards

Dave.IGNITION_HOLD_POWER.thumb.gif.e1a5b3f2a5

Edited by Dave Kriedeman

Hi efi265,

turn your fuel selection from sequential to off and store to the ecu.

Carry out an injector output test and and ignition output test.

If you are running a distributor and one coil you can only obviously test the one output.

Once these are confirmed leave the fuel set to off and get a timing light and do a trigger calibration,m if you have spark out put.

Check to see if the spark timing calibration offset is still correct.

DONT FORGET TO TURN THE FUEL BACK TO SEQUENTIAL AND STORE F4 WHEN DONE.

Regards

Dave.

Edited by Dave Kriedeman

Have tryed these the car does trys to run and i have noticed that the ecu shuts down after the trigger one error.I disabled ignition and fuel then wound it over  takes a while to error .id rekon a couple revolutions  before it errors then soon as it does the ecu resets causing my misfire I guess

I have ordered a brand new crank sensor uyst in case bith old ones test equal though

Hi efi265,

the Trigger Error shouldn't have any influence on shutting the ECU down.

Do you mean the ECU goes off line or physically shuts down.

Going off line no communication I can understand, this is a common issue when there is a lot of electrical noise induced by secondary ignition pulses etc, or not using Resisted plugs where applicable..

So do you also mean that if you shut down the fuel and ignition you still get a Trigger 1 ERROR and the ECU goes OFFLINE.

Is this correct or do I have it all wrong.

Also can you test the Ignition trigger output to the Ignition module.

You will need an LED TEST LIGHT (DO NOT USE A NORMAL TEST LIGHT) IT MUST BE AN  LED TEST IGHT.

Put the alligator clip of the test light to a 12 volt power source on the car, put the probe end of the LED TEST LIGHT onto the IGNITION OUTPUT 1 WIRE, preferably disconnect it from the module, carry out the ignition test and see if the LED TEST LIGHT BLINKS, or crank the engine over and look for it to flash.

Regards

Dave.

Edited by Dave Kriedeman

• 2 weeks later...

have sent it to Brent at Dyno-power tauranga i have a broken rocker stud and dizzy weight welds broken off causing ignition to go hey wire have replaced rocker stud and fixed dizzy has since fired up yet to see what else has happened

let you know the out come

thank you for your time