Intermittent Poor Running Conditions Colder Temps

Jefferson.C

This is a GTR RB26 I am working on. I seem to be having intermittent poor running conditions moments after cold start up and during the warm up. I have replaced the o2 sensor just to be sure and even turned off closed loop o2 while it's running poorly but makes no difference. Some days the start-up and warm up is right on my RPM target and gives me no problems. Other days however are not correct. I have changed my IAC valve to rule out a sticking valve but with no difference. I was lucky enough today to get a quick log of it's condition. See log 1 of a colder start and poor running condition. RPM's under target and after some slight rev's the RPMs drop significantly after closing the throttle. I do hold the throttle open a little at spots to keep it from idling too low for a cold engine. Log 2 showing after a few restarts and warmer ECT's it hold target RPMs and does not drop after slight revs.

may3.llg may3warm.llg

I think turning idle ign control OFF is a good starting point.

I also think your idle ignition table is back to front...

image.png.3b9d33497512d791ffd0c03e5d894210.png

The timing should increase towards the right... (see extract from help file)...

image.png.fbd4557c0e0aee2d1c844c28a54683e1.png