Electric Water Pump control via Vipec?

Guest |537|

Is there a way for the Vipec V44 to control an electric water pump? Not just on or off but vary the voltage(=pump flow) depending on engine temperature to maintain a set point temperature?

Thanks

Joe

Electric motors are controlled with a PWM (Pulse Width Modulated) signal not by varying the voltage.

The Vipec can control the motor using PWM. Select an output as a GP PWM. Set up the table with coolant temperature as the axis of the PWM table. Values you put in the table will relate to motor speed. With 0% the motor will be off and 100% the motor will be at maximum speed.

There is no option to make this closed loop.

Ray.

• 1 month later...
Guest filin

Ray,

I can not do the same because GP PWM table does not appear when I choose GP PWM output instead of Engine fan. If I open BASE V88 map it works... I dont understand because I did my calibration from this Base map... I want to choose AUX1 and now the fan works with HIGH polarity. I have only window with switch conditions and freq.

Dima

Guest filin

It does not work in ONLINE too. I just have noticed I have TABLE ALLOCATION ERROR: table allocation memory running at 100% capacity. I can not able to find in Manual about it. Please help

Thanks

Dima

The Vipec gives you up to twelve 3D tables for controlling various items. You can see how many are used or available by looking at the Table Allocation at the bottom of the settings menu.

This error message is telling you that you have used all twelve of them. You will need to rethink how you control some of the items. Using Virtual Aux can save using up 3D tables.

Ray.