V88 Log value out of bounds: Would a noise spike cause this?

Guest |304|

Guest |304|

After the last engine run we had a glitch that lasted about a second. At 1 min 15 sec into the logs,

ECT, IAT, and BAP go completely out of normal values but every thing else looks good - no faults/errors.

I would suspect wiring but the BAP is an on-board sensor.

Ray - have you seen this before? Would you say this was electrical noise/interference?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Joel

Guest |304|

I'm bumping this thread again because if you look at the ECT, IAT, and BAP values - they are

out of bounds for even what the 0-5V range would be even if that swung to the 0-5V rails. This means it is not a short, etc but possibly reading

a corrupt memory location, or some kind of parity error. This error concerns me. If anyone has any insight, please comment. Any help would be

appreciated.

Guest |304|

We ran the engine again today and the same thing happened. The only value affected was the BAP this time.

The interesting thing is that the BAP value is enormously large but the same exact value as it was in the first log clip.

The total duration again was around a second and the engine dropped a little power for a moment.