Recomended Af meter/ wbo

Guest |823|

Guest |823|

What af meter/ wbo do you recomend to use with vipec in order to keep up with it's fast dataloging and to be able to have corect sample rate and value for autotune?

Coming from your expirience which ones worked best for you?

Will you offer a af meter of your own?

Thank you

Guest |754|

I like the NGK product just NOT the big, red, digital display. In my case, I will be using a dash display to feed AFRs to from the ECU; so all that is needed is the NTK sensor and a controller to output 0-5V to the ViPEC. I have had people suggest just mounting it near the ECU but the thought of a red glove box light show is not that appealing to me :(

Is there a controller that uses the NTK sensor but NOT requiring a display? I am just hoping for NTK sensor-->controller-->ViPEC-->Dash Display

Thanks in advance,

Robroy

Robroy,

The NGK AFX is the best to use. The Innovate LC1 does not have a display, but this meter is badly designed as there is no signal ground wire to go to the ECU. I get constant support question as people find they do not read correctly because of this. Also the Innovate gives signal that jumps around. The NGK gives a much more stable signal, which makes tuning easier.

To fix the LED display all you need is a piece of black electrical tape over it.

• 11 months later...

Sorry to bring this back, I want to install a wideband in the racecar as I am using E85, I use a Racepak IQ3 so would like to display readout on this, the NGK AFX looks good for what it does, I see it has 2 analogue outputs can I use this to output to the IQ3 and also send a signal to the V44 PNP in case of a problem ?

Thanks Ben, I have a cable form Racepak that communicates with the ECU though not sure if this info will be displayed.

Any wiring info for the AFX into a EVO IX with a V44 PnP would be much appreciated.

Robroy,

The NGK AFX is the best to use. The Innovate LC1 does not have a display, but this meter is badly designed as there is no signal ground wire to go to the ECU. I get constant support question as people find they do not read correctly because of this. Also the Innovate gives signal that jumps around. The NGK gives a much more stable signal, which makes tuning easier.

To fix the LED display all you need is a piece of black electrical tape over it.

I bought a while ago V88 (from Jean in Finland) and according to the manual you recommend Innovate LC 1 as WB... :lol: Should I go NGK AFX? I have not installed the ECU yet, but there is LC1 + XD16 hanging in the car already..

@Sute

The LC1 will work fine as long as the Vi-PEC and LC1 are grounded to the same place to avoid signal offset because the LC1 does not have a dedicated signal ground as the AFX meter have.

@djdino

You can wire it to the expansion harness via An Volt 6 (analog out from AFX) and Gnd (sensor ground from AFX) that are available via your local dealer if you not have it. Setup An Volt 6 as "NGK AFX widebandmeter" in software.

You can also use the afm meter connector in the engine bay if you are not using it. It must then be setup as An Volt 2.