igntion coils and module

Guest |538|

I have mitsubishi 4g63 engine not a evo,i am using a hec716 coil and a single igntion module bosch 124 ignitor,4 weeks ago,the coil went,put another one in its place,car started straight away,now i have the same problem,i am using latest software,put a new coil in,but the coil i had to put in was a hec715, the car fired up,but stopped,i had the ignition key on for to long and i think the module is had it,so i put another module in,now the engine won't fire up,the trigger are working,i tried the ignition test,i can here the plug leads sparking,but i have notice the module is not warming up at all.I have power at the plug of the ignitor.Could the ignition driver for number1 be faulty now.

regards david

Guest Dave-Kriedeman

How are you triggering the ignition module.

Going by my Bosch Ignition module information a 124 module is supposed to be triggered by a Hall Effect Sensor, not by the ECU ignition outputs.

How have you wired the module up.

I take it your engine uses a single coil and single module,

Is this correct or is it multicoil.

I have wired it up as the same as in the technical data sheets,ignition 1 output to number5,12volt power from the relay to number 4 as well to the positive on coil,earth goes to number 2,number 1 goes to the negative on the coil,also it set as rising,as this was set up by Ray, i have notice that,this morning there is spark coming out of coil,but not coming out of the spark plug leads,i looked at the dizzy cap,centre pin on the dizzy cap does not look the best,so i will replac this and the rotor as well see if this is the problem.

regards david