closed loop boost control

lekonna

I'm having some troubles with the closed loop boost control. It looks like i'm missing the pre-spool stage most of the pulls i do. I have not been able to figure out exactly why it is missing in some cases, except a hunch that it does not fall back to stage 1 from stage 2/3 if it reaches it (due to for example lower boost request earlier in the table) i go wot while the boost control is active (2000rpm 80kpa) and it reaches my target of 0 boost and goes to stage 3. If somebody can confirm this i'll just fill out the whole rpm range regardless if the turbo can reach those or not.

here are my pid settings:

boost_pid_settings.PNG

case where it just doodles around stage 2 without having stage 1 active at all.

stage2_active.PNG

and case where the stage 1 is active, though i lost grip here so had to drop the throttle

stage1_active.PNG

logfiles and map file http://zonediscgolf.fi/media/supra/logs_and_base.zip

Alright Phil, thanks for clearing this out.

I'll do just that. The reason why i've been playing with area that i know the turbo can reach on every weather is because its been very hot here when i've been tuning, and i don't want to run into a situation where in the cold weather i get spool considerably lower than previously and run full boost on a unmapped fuel area, just around the spool-up when the engine is bound to knock the most.