trigger offset?

art leong

I'm using a 20 tooth trigger wheel. That comes out to 18 degrees per tooth? Can The trigger offset be -20 degrees?

At that number my marks seem to line up. When I set it at -2 (next tooth?) it doesn't want to run.

I recently replaced my trigger wheel. And downloaded the latest firmware.

Thanks

Yes it can be -20. What type of trigger wheel do you have+sensor (hall or reluctor) ? Any missing tooth? And is this the only trigger wheel on your engine? Do you have a cam trigger?

You must have atleast 1 tooth missing from the 20 tooth trigger wheel OR have a cam trigger.

The offset adjustment is for to tell the vipec what position your engine is. Vipec must know when your engine is @ cylinder 1 TDC.

If you have a 20 tooth wheel and 1 missing tooth, the vipec sees the missing tooth. The first tooth (signal) AFTER the missing tooth is the Trigger1 signal.

If this signal comes for example 90 degrees before cylinder 1 TDC, you must adjust the trigger offset, about 90 deg, so that vipec knows what position the engine is when the signal comes.

Easiest way is to set your ignition timing to 0 deg. Turn off fuel injection. Crank engine and check the ignition timing with timing light/gun. Adjust trigger offset until the timing is @ 0 deg.

But your trigger wheel+sensor+trigger settings MUST be correct or you will never get the offset adjusted correctly.