ABS sensor

nissan200sx.dk

Hi.

I want to use ABS sensor for speed, as my current gearbox has cable driven speed, but my speedo is electrical.

The ABS sensor has 2 wires thats inside a shielded wire.

I have 1 digital input. I have a shielded wire for my digital input. Shield in this wire is from the green sensor ground wire from ecu, the lead is the digtial.

How do I connect it to that ABS sensor?

Extra info: The ABS sensor is used by ATESSA system, so it need to be a shared thing here.

Hi,

Firstly, you are wishing to use the reluctor wheel speed sensor as an input to the ECU and use an output to drive your electronic speedo correct.

If your speed sensor has 2 wires with a shielded wire it is a magnetic reluctor sensor.

You need to get an oscilloscope and spin the wheel in it's forward driven direction, one of the wires will generate a sine wave that goes positive when the tooth enters the sensor, this will be your trigger/speed input wire, sensor +ve.

The second wire sensor -ve goes to sensor ground with the shielded wire.

You must use digital input 1-6 and set it up as speed.

If you look at the HELP files under R32 to R34 GTSt and GTR they all use Digital input 3 as the speed input.

The DI is setup as follows.

Function = SPEED

Pull up Resistor = ON

Active Edge = Falling

Calibration = 123.

Now I have never personally set up a reluctor speed input to a DI before, I have always used a GT101 or similar setup as a digital speed input.

But looking at the Help files etc, it appears that if you set it up this way it should work.

So good luck, give it a try and let me know how you go.

Once you have wired it up and configured the INPUT in the software, turn the ignition on and hit the F12 key, runtime values and spin the wheel with the sensor, look at the DIGITAL INPUTS tab at the DI you have used to see if there is any voltage, speed, frequency activity on that input.

Regards

Dave.