V88 Aircon fan control RB26DETT

JamesB

Hello,

I have just had a V88 board fitted to my Nissan R33 GTR. The tuner is making note of a few teething problems to look at when I next visit, but I thought I'd ask about one of them on here. When the A/C is switched on the idle increases and the clutch kicks in but the electric fan does not spin. The same fan should come on to help out the viscous engine fan if water temp exceeds 90 degrees, but it also usually goes on and off independently as needed by the A/C. My map has the Engine Fan set to trigger off Injector Drive 8 (Low polarity, ON temp 90), with the AirCon Clutch on Aux 3. I may not be an idiot (I hope), but I am a total noob with this! Can anyone suggest what to look at here?

Thanks,

James

Hi Jamesb,

It would be easier if you posted the PCL file so we can see how he has set it all up.

If you put the A/CON fan aux output into TEST ON mode does the fan run.

What version Firmware/Software are you using and what version is loaded into your ECU.

Also you may have to change the polarity of the DIGITALINPUT TO LOW and PULL UP ON.

I have attached a copy of the default setup should be set as.

Regards

Dave.

post-1099-143450215698_thumb.gif

Hi Dave,

Thanks for getting back to me. One thing obviously different in my setup is the function setting for Injector Drive 8: mine is set to "Engine Fan" rather than "AirCon Fan". I have uploaded the pcl file with this post (I'm sure they won't mind as I've just realised you're in a different hemisphere). As mentioned, I have been told there are a few things that may need adjustment, but being an incurable fiddler I'm game to try a few sensible things myself before going back to the garage.

Regards,

James

Eurospec1_sept14.pcl

Dave,

Saw my tuner today and we discovered the problem: bizarrely, pin 6 ('electrical fan relay switch') on the loom was not connected! I thought initially he meant that the previous owner had made some alterations to the ECU connections when the old F-Con Pro was fitted (good riddance), but no - he couldn't locate the OEM fan relay switch wire in the loom at all. I guess the F-Con must have been set to control the fan through a different channel. Anyway, that's effectively what we've done: run a new wire to the fan relay from unused pin #25 and set the V88 to operate it on Aux 8 (Polarity: Low, Driver Type: Low Side). A/C now nice and cold, but I'm not sure if this will have affected the temperature over-ride for the fan (original setting for Inj 8 has been kept). That said, it's October now so I may have to wait a while to find out....

Regards,

James