Iddle Issues

Ausz3

Hi Guys m52 turbo charged engine havent had it running for 10 months

I started it today and its iddling high at around 1600 rpm and slowly creeps higher , if i press the accelerator momentarily it drops back to 1600rpm then creeps up again .. any ideas ? i know my wideband sensor is stuffed and sitting around 22 but even with it switched off still getting same results

i have uploaded a log file below

Regards James

from a log file i can see that your idle target is 900rpm and car is idling at 980rpm, idle valve is at about 48% dc and vipec is trying to decrease idle by decreasing %dc of idle valve and that is actually raising idle.

of course when you press throttle pedal it resets back to 48% dc of idle valve and your idle rpm drops to 970-980 rpm.

play with idle settings, it seems you should reverse settings higher dc% lower rpm.

btw did you maybe change something on car? flash new firmware to ecu or something? Because this should not be happening if you didnt change anything.

hey mate thanks for the quick response

I will have a look at the iddle settings and get back to you...

You mentioned my car is idding at 980rpm .. ? on the vipec software its showing me 1600rpm

i have not changed any firmware on the car i did however redo my wirring loom neaten things up... could it be that i have wired something wrong??

I also noticed that your idle ignition control isn't controlling your idle. You'll notice as soon as idle ignition control shuts off and it reverts back to your standard ignition map your RPM shoots up to 2700 rpm, most likely because you are then running 30 degrees of timing. You have RPM lockout at 1200 for idle ignition control, maybe raise it while you play with ICV duty cycle.

Hey Lads i thought id just post a quick reply incase this ever happens to anyone else they can fix the problem

i accidentally had rewired my 3 wire icv wrong just swapped my aux 1, and aux 2 wires around and its back to iddling smooth at 900rpm

thanks for the help ...

Regards James