Need help identifying what I need to get started

erik clark

I have come into posession of a link ecu, which I am trying to set up in my USDM 2000 subaru 2.5rs. Below is the information I know about the link: It has a single chip, labled D42EJAVO On the side, it states Subaru EJ20/25 It also has a manufacture date? 230603 Inside is a serial number: 2003/02 S/N 001896 I am trying to confirm that this is indeed a link g1, compatible for use with my USDM 2000 subaru 25rs (normally aspirated 2.5 litre motor). I currently have the harness that was used previously for this ecu in a different application, but it is a bit mangled. I would like to know if my shopping cart list below is all that I would need, and to confirm just which version link ecu I have so I can download the appropriate manuals. Grocery list! --- comlink (for usb connection between the ecu and my laptop) 4 port header adapter for straight plugin replacement of the ecu (I am not keen on wiring this directly) I believe I only need the appropriate manual, the comlink, usb drivers, tuning software (pc link hopefully :) ) and the appropriate header adapter for plugin operation. Please advise if I am correct, or this is not even a suitable application for this specific link ecu.

OK, this ECU is an LEM with special software for AVO...  It does not have PC tune (must be tuned with a hand held tuning module)...  This ECU will run your engine but will have to be wired to the vehicle, there is no plug in option...  It can be upgraded to V5 software which has PC tune...  I know thats a short answer, but probably answers all your questions!

• 1 month later...

On the top cover it says: LINK Engine Management www.link-electro.co.nz The sticker on the outside back says: LINK Subaru EJ20/25 D42EJAVO 230603 The large LINK chip says: D42EJAVO 200603 The sticker on the inside wall says: 2003/02 S/N 001940 I was told that I could wire this into the 91-94 Legacy w/ej22t motor.