Link G3 Plus on a VVTi 2uzfe?

Brad1436215447

We have just fitted a LinkPlus G3 to a 1UZFE VVTi engine on one of our dyno test rigs so will be finalising the VVTi control asap (requires special cam position trigger sensor decoding software)  Engine is running and producing good power, just got to complete VVTi control.  LinkPlus G3 could do group staged injection to control 16 injectors or sequential control of injectors that are paired.  It has 8 injector drives so to control 16 injectors some grouping will be required.  The ECU has staged injection control.  As 99% of all 1/2UZFE applications are transplants with cut wining looms, we will not be producing a plug and play option for that engine (wire in only).  Ignition control will be direct spark with one coil per ignition channel (as the factory intended it).  Display unit can not alter ECU settings.  There are far to many ECU configuration and adjustment options to set up through the display.  It does have built in data logging.  As it is policy not to put prices on the forums, contact a Link dealer or [email protected] for pricing...

I can send a LinkPlus G3 pinout.  Problem with getting an adapter made might be getting your hands on the correct connector.  It is normal practice to wire-in on 1UZFE's but if someone creates an adapter than I would be keen to hear about it...  We can supply plug and terminal kits to fit the correct connectors for the ECU to the end of your current loom...

OK, normally that pinout would come with a copy of the wiring manual.  As the manual has not been 100% complteted yet I cannot give it to you...  Trig1 and Trig 2 are CAS inputs as you said.  An Volt inputs are 0-5V inputs for sensors (eg from a wideband controller).  Digital inputs are for switches like dash mounted switches (eg AC), clutch switches, engine switches (eg idle switch) or cam position inputs for VVT.  There are 4 seperate connectors.  This would be considered a reasonably high pin count aftermarket ECU...  Once the manual is finalised (just waiting to confirm staged injection operation) I can send a copy.

Yep, ask all your questions here then hopefully someone else will also benefit from the answers...

Check out the tuning software.  Its free to download and can be used without an ECU.  I think you will find it very easy to use...

We have done higher pin count ECU's but found that so few people use all the features that its not worth making the ECU more expensive (as more pins means more internal circuitry) for everyone else.

Auxiliary outputs are ON/OFF only.  Some auxiliary outputs are PWM channels too.  Aux. outputs can be used for a variety of simple and complex control functions.  Unused ignition and injection channels (none in your case) can also be used as auxiliary outputs.