1995-1998 Chevrolet C/K1500 ECM/PCM Replacement

JaChil558

Good morning, Link Team,

My name is James, I live in the United States. I own a 1997 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Silverado Ext. Cab with the vortec 5.7 and 4L60 transmission. These trucks have had their fair share of issue with electrical issues. Mostly the ECM/PCM and the wiring that came in these trucks. In todays current market in the states, people are starting to do more swaps using the LS/LT/LS-A engines. At the same time there are people who are building up the vortec 5.7 and the 4L60 trans. The limiting factor to this option is the ECM/PCM and wiring that has been degraded overtime. My suggestion to you is provide better options for the ones who are wanting to keep the original engine and trans in these trucks. So they can have better option to upgrade the ECM/PCM and the wiring so they can get a more reliable setup. To better monitor the health of their builds and a tuner safe option that can better the performance of these truck. I can tell you these trucks are reliable to a point, the short fails of these trucks are the electrical and the factory ECM/PCM. The fuel mileage in these trucks are horrible at best. On an average day just driving to work and back home plus other trips I make is roughly 6-8 mpg. I would like to have something that I could easily monitor my engine vitals and possibly upgrade parts that can help promote better fuel economy but offer better performance at the same time.

Thanks for looking into this, I know that this might be something of a long shot in the grand scheme of things. These trucks are highly desirable and are becoming increasingly popular to say the least.