Getting an ECU checked for faults?

Sabih Anwar

Hi Ashley. Ive got a G1 LinkPLus running on an NEO RB25DET (Car is an S14). I previosuly ran a Wasted Spark ignition setup, but reverted back to coilpacks after having problems with missfires and hesitation (basically couldnt rev at all) at and above 10psi. We're having problems with the coilpack setup aswell now. Cyl no. 1 is not firing at all. It is getting some sort of signal from the Link (checked with a test light). Several different coilpacks and spark plugs were also tested, and that is not the problem. Injector was tested and we are getting fuel. Ive had a couple of electricians come round about 5 times and tried everything. They have come to the conclusion that the Link must have some sort of fault. I should also add that as soon as the Link is plugged in, the fans come on automatically, even though they have been setup properly. Is it possible to send my Link in have a general fault check on it? Make sure everything in the Link is working the way it should? Thanks in advance.

No problems sending it back for testing... Have you had your coil packs tested?  It is VERY likely that they are faulty.  I used to test them as part of my job and it was common to get at least two faulty ones out of each six.  They break down at high RPM and the spark jumps out the side of the coil rather than accross the plug!  As far as one cylinder not firing at all, that is unusual...  The best thing would be to send you crank angle sensor (if it is easily removed and is similar to the old one in the front of the cam) and the ECU for testing...  They should be testing the ECU's output with some sort of oscilloscope or labscope, not a test light....

No charge for the test.  You will be charged for return freight outside of New Zealand and any required major repairs.  you will not be charged for any repairs without first being contacted.  Make sure you include full contact and return shipping details if you send it...