VG30DETT IAT Sensor Location

aDEADkoala

Hello;

I'm looking into getting a G4X N300X for my twin turbo Nissan 300zx and am trying to plan ahead.

I understand that the desired location for an IAT sensor is before the throttle body, which on a boosted application would be on the charge pipe after the intercooler. The problem is that this car basically has 2 separate intake tracts and 2 throttle bodies. The intake manifold also largely separates the cylinder banks, save for the balance tube at the rear. Of note, there is an unused port on the passenger side of the intake manifold which has the same thread pitch as common IAT sensors (go figure).

What's the best solution for mounting the IAT sensor? Just on one charge pipe? Just on one side of the intake manifold (and deal with heat soak)? Before the turbos and intercoolers where the factory MAF was (starts from one air filter, then separates)? Or somewhere in another joined location like the balance tube? 2 sensors (if possible)?

Probably worrying too much. Maybe my tuner will have a preference when it's ready. Any advice is appreciated! A stock setup for reference:

1200x900_silicon_intake_0308.webp