LEM v.4 boost control soleniod drive

Jay

Hi, i have just managed to buy a V.4 for my 1800 turbo mazda (gtx) it came with a boost control solenoid as in the picture. in the wiring diagram it says to run this to the orange/red wire, but as u can see that drive isn't in the plug. wat do i do to run this thanks Jay http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/9238/pic0267aee0.jpg http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9393/pic0266acc8.jpg

Hi,

i have just managed to buy a V.4 for my 1800 turbo mazda (gtx) it came with a boost control solenoid as in the picture. in the wiring diagram it says to run this to the orange/YELLOW (Woops) wire, but as u can see that drive isn't in the plug. wat do i do to run this

thanks

Jay

k ive hooked this up all good and i can set a cut at 8psi just to see if its working. now the problem is it wont boost more than 8 psi wat could this be. also now ive hooked everything up it vents out of the pod instead of the bov. any ideas?

Hmmm, what do you mean vents out the pod?  The BOV is independant of anything else.  Make sure its vacuum line comes from a nice port in the plenum that is not too small.  Dont 'T' it off anything else.  Make sure it is adjusted with the spring tight enough to keep it shut at cruise...  usually if it does not vent it is because the spring is too tight or the vacuum source is t'd into something else that reduces the vacuum signal.

The fact that you cant get more than 8psi suggests a BCS plumbing problem or wiring problem.  The BCS can only increase boost, not decrease it.  Are you sure the BCS is actually working?  You will need to tune the boost control senstivity and base values also.  Make sure your boost targets in the zone table dont just go straight to you target boost value at low RPM.  They should almost folllow the boost curve that the engine produces for best reults. 

Best not to use a cut to check BCS operation.  Use a boost gauge or the MAP reading on the tuning module or PCLink.