Calibration for Brantz speed sensor

Jeffrey

I recently installed a Brantz 3-wire speed sensor. The wires are 12V, ground and signal. From my understanding the 3 wire sensor puts out a digital signal (binary). I have it set up on DI3 but I don't have any readings at all on my test drive. I set it up like the example four from the Link contents. Even if it is not yet calibrated, I should be seeing some kind of reading. I attached my tune to see if someone can see if it is configured correctly. Also I see it input is a "value" not MPH or KPH. Do I need to set up a table to convert the value to MPH/KPH?

SR20DET - DATSUN 510.pclx

Hard to tell without a log but if you aren't seeing any frequency show up on the DI 3 Frequency runtime then you might need to turn on the DI 3 pullup.

To swap between metric and imperial units in PCLink press the 'U' key, which units are used in each mode can be configured in the Options dropdown -> Units -> Options. Note when using a speed or some other unit that visually changes in PCLink in math blocks the ECU will be using the metric value not necessarily the displayed value.

The speed calibration number is number of pulses per 100m as specified in the help manual, selecting any setting and pressing F1 will take you to the help for that setting.

I got it working. Thankfully it was just a loose wiring issue, nothing to do with the sensor or any settings.

Also when I created a digital gauge in the program to view my speed, I chose "GP Speed 1" which gives me some arbitrary value, when I should have chosen "Driving Wheel Speed" which does show me the input in MPH. Now I can calibrate it.

1 hour ago, Jeffrey said:

Also when I created a digital gauge in the program to view my speed, I chose "GP Speed 1" which gives me some arbitrary value, when I should have chosen "Driving Wheel Speed" which does show me the input in MPH. Now I can calibrate it.

GP Speed 1 should be showing units, GP Speed 2-4 do, I'll look into that