Link keypad not working until unplug and plug back

JSTrudel

Can you elaborate further, when you turn on the ign sw does the keypad not work until you unplug the keypad and then plug it back in? What else do you have connected to the CAN bus? Is it a keypad from Link or from somewhere else?

Yes 12 button keypad bought from link.  And exactly this!  when i put my kill switch ON  the pad is supposed to lights up but it doesn’t until i unplug it and plug it back..  i have 2 razor pdms that you can see they lights up with the kill switch on. And i have a meatpie to make a dash work that goes on when i press the ign on the keypad. The keypad was fine i ran the car before !

So I have seen people have keypads turn off before that then didn't respond until power cycled and the reason for it is one of the other devices on the CAN bus sends a message on CAN ID 0 that is all 0s which is the CAN Open message for disable all devices.

To prove that this is what is happening you can either:

• power everything on as normal then without power cycling the keypad connect to the ECU, open the CAN Setup window and then hit the apply button to resend an enable message and then see if the keypad works.

OR:

• unplug your meatpie device and turn on as normal, see if keypad works when the other device wasn't connected to CAN.

Or alternatively if you have a CAN sniffing tool then just hook that up and see what messages are sent at power on.

To confirm when you first turn on the kill switch does the keypad do it's power on light sequence or does it only do this when it is unplugged and then plugged back in?
Also how is the keypad being powered, is it connected to an ignition switched feed or is it being powered by something like a PDM output?

Can you do the Device search in the CAN Setup window CAN Devices tab and then open the configure window for the keypad and let me know what the firmware version of the keypad is please, after talking to one of the other Engineers I'm suspicious that it might be a keypad firmware issue.

20 hours ago, JSTrudel said:

Okay ill do that tmrw!  I will let you know! If its a firmware issue can i just download the good one? 

If it is a firmware issue it will require communication with Blink to sort which firmware package is needed and it will need to be installed with a USB to CAN device.

15 hours ago, Vaughan said:

If it is a firmware issue it will require communication with Blink to sort which firmware package is needed and it will need to be installed with a USB to CAN device.

This is what i see

image.jpg

you need to hit the "Configure Device" button adn the firmware version should be specified at the top of the window from memory, alternatively there should be a sticker on the back of the keypad showing hardware version and the firmware version that was installed when it was made.

2 hours ago, Vaughan said:

you need to hit the "Configure Device" button adn the firmware version should be specified at the top of the window from memory, alternatively there should be a sticker on the back of the keypad showing hardware version and the firmware version that was installed when it was made.

Heyyyyy I just repaired it!!!’  Oh man im happy!!!   I dont know if its a link update!! But because i have 2 razor pdms. One was ID 700 and the other 705!  And i set both at 700 and everything works perfectly now 🙏🙏🙏 oh man im happy !! if it can help you guys wrote that somewhere lol 

Can you attach a copy of your ECU tune and both PDM configs please, your explanation there makes it sound like the issue was actually conflicting CAN IDs (The Keypads use a large range of CAN IDs, more than just the one you set in the CAN Setup window)