Aux, Digital, and Analog?

Frm_Zero7d9

Hey all,

Can someone help (explain like I am 5); what is the difference between auxiliary, digital, and analogue signals for the G4X ECU?

I know from watching videos that:

Digital Inputs - are pulsed based (frequency) signals or switched signals to turn something  on or off?

Analogue inputs - are either voltage or resistance style signals for things like pressure, or temperature?

Auxiliary inputs...I have no clue, lol!! (they can function as both/either/or...perhaps?)

Please let me know if I'm close or way off the mark.

As always, thanks a ton for your time in reading and responding to my trivial questions.

^_^

Digital inputs you have right.

Analog inputs are split between "An Volt" inputs - generally 0-5V variable inputs - and "An Temp" inputs that have a built-in pullup resistor so you can connect a resistor-type temperature sensor (thermistor) like most common IAT and CLT sensors.

There are no Aux inputs, only outputs.

Your outputs are comprised of Injector outputs, Ignition outputs, and Aux outputs. If you have 8 injector outputs and you only have 4 injectors, you can use the 4 extra Injector outputs for other functions. Same with Ignition outputs. Aux outputs can generally be whatever you want them to be - turn on lights, activate boost, purge, nitrous, VVT, or other control solenoids, activate relays, drive low-current PWM signals, drive a DBW throttle motor, etc. Not every aux output is identical - some have more current capacity, some can be configured to drive high or low. For instance, if you want to do a DBW throttle and your G4X version supports it natively, you must use the specified Aux outs (Aux 9/10 on the Xtreme G4X) as they are the only ones with enough current capacity to drive a throttle motor.

If you have a Plugin-style G4X your specific IO will vary based on that Plugin's design.