VQ35DE-TT triggering.

redmist

I'm placing a Nissan 350z engine into my new offroad race car, and strapping a small turbo to each side. As such I have removed the 350z flexiplate including triggering and installed a Kennedy adaptor plate and flywheel to mate to my Fortin transaxle. The triggering plate attached to the flexiplate will no longer fit within the confines of the bellhousing and as such I've begun looking at other triggering mechanisms. I have an aftermarket ali crank pulley which I intend to mate a steel trigger wheel to the back of. I've considered using a stock 32-2 trigger from a Toyota however the wheel is to small to fit behind the pulley and still allow for dirt and gravel clearance. I've also considered using one of the larger 36-1 trigger wheels from here http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/trigger-wheels-c-48.html and wondered what link would recommend as the best triggering mechanism for my VQ? In addition the cam triggers (one for each VVT cam) appear to be a multislot affair with slots occuring in a Y type pattern with additional slots at the top of the Y. I'm expecting pictures from the engine builder and will post them when available. However I wondered if Link were familiar with this type of trigger wheel (based on my stupendously stupid description) and it was supported with the Link Plus G3. Regards, Daniel.

Ashley, I've also noted in a previous post "Unfortunately no warning appears, but there are some auxiliary outputs that can not exist twice (fuel pump, tacho, boost solenoid " Although I am by no means turbo literate does this mean that I cannot balance the load between the two turbos correctly?

We will get that triggering stuff sorted directly...  As for balancing the turbo's, they will effectively balance in the intake manifold all by themselves, the important thing is where you place the pressure takeoff for the waste gate actuators.  Each side will control itself to keep the pressure at the takeoff point constant.  One of the guys here has just done a twin turbo setup on a V8 if you want some help...