Newbie with Mx5 Link Ecu question

Julien Fasoranti

Hi there I've just purchased the following ECU off ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd;=1&item;=120218452851&ssPageName;=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih;=002 I understand it is a very old and basic ECU, but spoke to a very knowledgeable and helpful Aussie/Kiwi guy at Kenilthworth before bidding as he gave me confidence that it could work in my car. I have an Mk1 Mx5 1.6 and was hoping to run this ecu with a Jackson racing cold air induction system, larger injectors and ultimately do away with the airflow meter at some point. Does anyone out there have any info on this ECU and are my plans over ambitious. Kind regards Julien

Thanks for that Ashley. I would have loved to have bought a new one, but funds are quite tight at the moment hence this second hand purchase. I've now received the ECU, opened it up to reveal the numbers; V4SPEC2 06APR04 a> I'd like to book the car in for tuning and was wondering what is best to bring with me. For example If I bring the injectors can they be fitted at your workshop? Regards Julien

From what I can tell that ECU will run your engine.  We still are unsure what the special V42spec2 software was for but it shouldn't be a problem.  There are two parts to your install.  The first is to get it wired and get the engine running...  The next part is to get it to a tuning shop and have the engine dyno tuned.  Some tuning shops will do the entire job for you...