Nissan PNP help

Guest |240|

I had a Vi-pec PNP ECU running my 300zx but I have one problem and I can't figure it out. under full throttle the car would run strong up untill 6500 rpm then the car just fall on its face, then start building boost again on the dyno we went through the log many many time to see if there was any thing looks wrong, but no. the spark plug gap was check, it wasn't a misfire, mixture is at between 11.5:1 AFR around 20psi and 500whp on 92octane pump gas. the ecu is running on nissan OEM optical disk, but every once in a while it will pull through to 7500rpm. any body have similar problem? or knows what else it might be?

Does the manifold pressure drop badly when this happens. Can you send me a log.

I had a Toyota Landcrusier years ago that would do the same thing. It took me a long time to find the problem, as I was looking for something complicated as the cause. It turned out to be the 90 deg hose on the air inlet of the turbocharger sucking flat.

yes it does. the boost would fall badly then it regain again. sorry I will try to save a log and send it to you. but if I have the boost running on just the spring it would be okay. seems like it would lower the the act up rpm as the engine gets hotter. but alway at around 6K-6.5K rpm.

the turbo has no filter it just sit open, but when this happen the engine still runs smooth except drop in boost, in the log the rpm would climb and climb but then boost drop the rpm fall a little like I would back the gas off then back on again.