IAT sensor

Guest |189|

Ray, can the stock wiring for IAT sensor from version 6 STI be used with supplied IAT sensor without major re-wiring, or is it just easier to get the ECU expansion plug for the IAT sensor, if that is easier can i get a price on the plug???

Josh

Josh,

The stock Subaru air temp sensor can be used, or you can use the one supplied. The air temp sensor in some cars is part of the air flow meter. This is not a good location for the sensor. Between the intercooler and throttle body is preferred.

Two Temp inputs are available for the air temp sensor. These are

Temp 1 = IAT (AFM) = Pin B-27

Temp 3 = IAT (Spec C) = Pin D-14

Cheers ray, I was planing on using one provided, so I can use wiring from IAT (AFM) and re-route wire to between intercooler and throttlebody and use supplied IAT sensor and I'm all set...

Josh

• 1 month later...

Sorry the information given earlier was not for a Version 5-6 plugin.

If the car is a STi, the stock is an air temp sensor connected to pin 136-19. There is no Temp input on this pin. On the cars I have setup I connected Temp 2 on the expansion connector to this wire/pin.

If the car is not a STi, then connect the supplied air temp sensor to the air flow meter Green and Green/Black wires. Then move the Green wire in pin 136-1 to 136-19 and connect Temp 2 on the expansion connector to this wire/pin.

If you are experienced soldering you can add a link wire on the bottom of the board from the expansion connector and 136-19. I have a picture of how this is done.

Ray.