CA18 Crank angle sensor

Guest |263|

Hi,

This ECU looks very promising. I have read the manual and installed the Software to play around. I know there is a special mode for Nissan CAS, but the CA18 CAS is slightly different to other Nissan CAS. Each TDC cam window is different size, not only the cylinder 1 window. Can you confirm that the ECU can read this CAS with no problems? If not, do you sell chopper disks to fit inside the CAS ?

• 4 months later...
Guest |263|

I'm preparing to make the wiring harness for my car now and have a doubt about the voltage needed by the CAS. The original wiring harness supplies 12 volt to the sensor, but the Vi-PEC manual suggests using the 8 volt output. What do you recommend?

• 1 year later...
Guest |263|

I finally found the time to start the car. Everything works great so far, and the ecu has no problem controlling idle at 850 rpm with 725cc injectors, which was one of my fears.

I have a doubt regarding the trigger offset, on other ECUs this value affects the precision of the ignition outputs if too large, or limit ignition advance if too small. Does this happens with the Vi-PEC also? My car needs a negative trigger offset value of -100, but I could change this if needed (by rearranging coils and injectors). Is there a preferred value for the trigger offset?

Guest |622|
on other ECUs this value affects the precision of the ignition outputs if too large, or limit ignition advance if too small. Does this happens with the Vi-PEC also?

No this is only a Haltech thing.. so no problems with Vi-Pec.

My car needs a negative trigger offset value of -100

Make sure that your Ref. Timing is the same as the timing on the pulley.

Regards Fahad.

Guest |263|

No this is only a Haltech thing.. so no problems with Vi-Pec.

Great!

Make sure that your Ref. Timing is the same as the timing on the pulley.

It is, if someone else confirm this setting for the CA18, you could add it to the manual, or as another engine type.

ECCS widest slot: 15 degrees

Trigger offset: -100 ° (as a base, obviously you have to fine tune it, but with the initial setting of 145° you are closer to 260° than to the real -100°. It took me some time to figure out I was 360 ° off target)

The other settings are the same as other Nissan 360 Opto.

Thanks!