G3 LEM on s13 with ca18det

jens pettersson

hello everyone i have recently bought a g3 for my silvia and im probably going to ask lots of stupid questions but please bare with me 1: my factory cam angle sensor has 4 wires coming from it i have worked out that 2 of them are grounds my trigger cables have only 2 wires would it be possible to splice the wires coming from the cam angle sensor into 2? 2: the engine runs direct spark and i would like to get rid of the coil packs and run 4 individual coils and HT leads, my factory igniter has 5 wires going in and 4 coming out i am assuming that one of the wires going in is an earth and and the rest would just connect to the negative terminal on the coils? thats all the questions i have at the moment and thank you for your help

There are some wiring diagrams that will help you here:

http://www.linkecu.com/support/dlandswupdates/TechInfo/WiringAndInstallation/WireAndInstallHome

As for the coil wiring, just leave it wired as factory and use the wires that go to each coil for your new coils.  Another option is to run a wasted spark setup with two dual post coil packs.