Crank trigger wheel

Guest |277|

Hi guys!

I just order my V88 from Finnish dealer, so I'm newbie. I'll install it to my -89 Corvette. It is original SBC with supercharger.

My question is, how many teeth you prefer for crank trigger wheel (for LS1 coils)? They (MSD, Mallory...) are selling those crank trigger kits, but those have only 4 magnets/disc. Is it really enough for accurate spark control? What type of sensor I should buy?

Teme

I have used the 4 magnet wheels with other make ECUs and it has worked fine though I would prefer to see more myself. I did see someone making a similar wheel setup with 12 for SBC/BBC, I will have to see if I can find that anywhere.

Edit:

http://stores.homestead.com/FASTMotorsp ... .bok?no=57

That is the 12 tooth I was thinking of. There are other kits out there also, including a 60-2, etc. Ray may be able to comment more how he feels the V88 will do with a 4 tooth.

Teme,

I have never had anyone use a flying magnet trigger wheel with the Vipec. Experience tells me that you should not use this type of trigger wheel. I would highly recommend you use a mild steel trigger wheel with the Honeywell GT101 sensor. Vipec dealers can supply trigger wheels with 24 or 60-2 teeth. http://www.vi-pec.com/image_files/triggerdisks/TriggerDisks.jpg

The minimum number of teeth you can use is 4. You will not need anymore on a eight cylinder engine.