LinkPlus G1 to G2 map conversion

Mark Ramirez

I currently have a 482 wheel HP Subaru GC8, equipped with a Link Plus, and have been very happy with the ECU.  It has taken many years of tuning, dyno time, and hard work to get the car exactly to where it is today.  Although I am happy with the G1 ecu, I am considering to upgrade to the new G2.  There are little "quirks" with the G1 (we all know what they are!), that I feel the new G2 ecu may eliminate/solve.  However, I hesitate to start from "scratch" with an ecu, as it has been a long road to get to the point I am at now.

My question:  Is there an "easy" way to convert the settings from an old G1 map, to a G2 baseline map?  Is Link considering making a "translating" program that can assist in converting old G1 maps (and settings) to a new G2 baseline map?

Thanks,

Mark R

There is a way of translating the G1 settings to G2, but it would only provide you with a base set of numbers.  You would definitely want to retune the G2, especially as you will now have barometric pressure corrections and better IAT correction.  There are some timesaving tuning features in PCLink for the G2 as well.  Ignition numbers will swap over directly.  But you will need us to translate fuel numbers for you.  Generally we recommend entering the numbers required to get the same shaped fuel curve.  Also remeber that you will now be running full sequential at all RPM, so tuning will change a little there.  If you know what AFr and timing values were need for the G1, then tuning the G2 to acheive these will be relatively easy.  also G2 maps can have variable load/RPM centres, so the G2 map probably will not match up with the G1 map.  But I agree the G2 will help eliminate some G1 quirks!