Launch control hard limit

Guest |99|

For the rev range between the soft limt and the hard limit does the soft limit increase over this RPM range until the hard limit is reached. ie. 5500 RPM soft limit and 6000 RPM hard limit. When at 5501RPM there will be virtually no soft limit. When at 5999 RPM there will be maximum soft limit just before hard limit commences. If this is the case then what would be the maximum soft limit condition for the ignition events. I have set up the system but it just goes straight to the hard limit. Currently using 300 RPM limit range.

Guest |109|

i'm seeing the same thing ... i think ...

when set a soft limit of 3000 and a hardlimit of 4000 it just bounces off the hard limit ... also seems to alter timing regardless of my putting 0.0 in the timing box on the launch ctrl page ...

If you want the launch rpm to be 4500 rpm with a 1000 rpm soft control, you put 3500 rpm in the table and set the hard addition to 1000 rpm. I just tested this on my car with the ignition retard set to -30 deg. At 3500 the soft cut starts, and the rpm continues to climb to 4500 where the holds this rpm very smoothly.

I would be more logical if you put 4500 in the table and selected a control range of 1000 rpm. I will see if we can make this change.

Ray.

Guest |226|

there is a new version of launch control that i believe will be included in the next firmware release this has different cut methods that result in a smoother limit

Guest |109|

ahh, it was the ign trim i didnt have set far enough back ... -28 degrees is the sweet spot for me ... exhaust gets kind hot tho !

looking forward to traction control now !