Vlogger Software

rayhall

I have written a graphical data logger software that will record and display data from the Vipec ECU in a line graph format. The software can be downloaded from the software page on the Vipec website http://www.vi-pec.com/page_files/software.htm

This is a screen shot of the interface http://www.vi-pec.com/image_files/software/VLoggerScreenShot.png

The program comes with a sample data log called "SampleLog.vdl".

This is from the online help in the software.

Settings:

Go to Edit -> Communications, and select the com port the Vipec ECU is using.

Select the baud rate. This must match the rate shown in the Vipec tuning software.

Select the number of times a second you want to record the data.

Viewing the data:

To select the traces you want to view select the item and then click the button beside it and select a colour.

The Left and Right arrows keys move through the data.

The Up and Down arrows zoom in and out.

Changing Maximum Range:

The size and position of the data trace on the screen can be changed, using the Data Maximum setup. Go to Edit -> Data Maximums, to change the limits.

Recording Data:

The logger first needs to know the way the Analog inputs are being used on the ECU. Press F3 or click the "Get ECU Config" button.

To start logging press F8 or click the "Start/Stop Logger" button.

To stop logging press F8 or click the "Start/Stop Logger" button.

To view the data press F10 or click the "Show Data" button.

Logged data can be saved to your harddrive by selecting "File -> Save as.."

************* Warning ****************

For the Vlogger to work the data stream option in the Vipec tuning software MUST be set to Off.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest |99|

Hi Ray,

I have tried to open, import a Vipec log file however it comes up with an error "Incompatable data log..." Is it necessary to set up the Vlogger to display exactly the same data that has been collected in the .TXT file from Vipec? or any other suggestions.

Thanks

The txt data logs must be from the ECU memory logger and not the software logger. I am looking to make it import the software logger files. It is a bit complicated due to their format. I know I said above it would import them, but realized not long after that this is not the case.

Ray

• 2 weeks later...

It is important that you select the same baud rate as the ECU is using. I get quite a few people you do not set this correctly. The Vlogger software defaults to 57600 when first installed, and you may need to change it to 115200 to match the ECU.

Ray.

New version (1.08) now available.

Changes are:

1. Cursor bar now increases speed the longer you hold down the the left and right arrow keys. Makes navigating through large data logs faster.

2. Tag Mode with statistics added. Select and area of the log and display the statistics .

The T key turns on and off the tag mode. The S key displays the statics.

VLoggerTagMode.png

VLoggerStatistics.png