can not connect to any ViPEC addon softwear

Guest |166|

Guest |166|

my ViPEC softwere works awesome, but i can not connect to my ECU using the Dashboard, or the Vloger, or Accel timer.

i have checked to conferm that the ECU is connected to com 4. but i just get a error message that says

"Unable to open com port (win error: 123)"

any ideas?

Guest |99|

I had the same problem with the DASH software. I have set the baud rate to 115xxx for both the ECU and the DASH software. Checked the COM port and it identified the VIPEC on COM3 however when I tried to connnect it came up with "no ecu found". When I tried the VIPEC software it connected no problems. I have set the VIPEC connection options to "AUTO". I will try specifying the COM port on the VIPEC software and setting low baud rates and see what happens. I made sure that both programs where not operating together. ???

Guest |99|

Hi,

I'm using XP and have had no problems with either the VIPEC software or the Vlogger software. However, VDASH will not connect. I tried dropping the BAUD rate to 57xxx and tried all the available COM channels but still had no luck.??

Guest |166|

yes i am running Vista. that may be the problem. if i try to connect to the ECU using the 115XXX baud rate it will not connect. i have to use a slower setting.

thanks.

• 3 months later...
Are you using Vista maybe?

I use Vista and no way I can use any software except Vipec software for tuning.

It has something to do with vista.

I hate Vista. I just bought a new laptop for tuning and I can't run the other awesome programs for the Vipec. This sucks. Vista sucks.