BMW M635csi / M6 - Using stock flywheel sensors

Guest |368|

Guest |368|

Gentlemen, I am purchasing a Vi-Pec v44 from Neel at Apex and I am planning on using the oem flywheel sensors as is supported on the S14 (m3).

The S14 is the 4 cylinder little brother of the legendary M88/S38 that saw use in my 85 M635csi euro.

I am hoping that I can use the stock reference sensors in the flywheel for engine speed and tdc. I haven't been able to get information from anyone in the online communities I frequent to verify the # of teeth on the S38 flywheel. I was hoping Ray had information on this as I think this system will be as popular with the M88/S38 crowd as it is with the S14 BMW crowd. I was hoping to get a final confirmation on this board before purchase. The S14 is basically a M88/S38 with two cylinders lopped off, but I am not sure of the flywheel tooth count. I had one person count the teeth on an S38 flywheel and he said 137. Not sure if this is accurate. My budget does not dictate a crank trigger setup and I really need to use the stock flywheel triggers. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Ryan

To run sequential injection on a six cylinder, I would have thought you needed a V88, not a V44.

I suggest you remove the standard TDC sensor and count the teeth yourself.

137 does not seem like a likely figure for the number of teeth on the flywheel.

Guest |368|

I'm not trying to run sequential. I don't have a great way to count the teeth on the flywheel right now. What is the max teeth the V44 can count?

Since the S38 and S14 are so similar I would think that the number of teeth is the only real difference. Both use flywheel sensors, so I am not sure why it wouldn't work?

Thanks

Ryan