V44 + Civic problems

Guest |356|

Guest |356|

I finally got my adapter harness in, got the vi-pec installed and working. The car ran kind of, so I started doing what the manual says for setting up the MAP and IAT sensor calibration, Trigger calibration and now the car will not run at all. Now if I got to open, I have the v44 sample basemap and the other says SUBARU 99-00. Which one is the right one that I'm suppost to be using? Is the subara one suppost to say civic 99-00? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Guest |129|

What ECU are you using?

Honda plugin? If so, you should have saved the default map from the supplied ECU before messing with anything.

The Subaru base map wont work for you, the other V44 sample is just that, a sample. You can use it as a starting point to setup your triggers, fuel and ignition maps.

Probably best to take it to a tuner that knows what they're doing.

Guest |356|

I was planning on taking to Cam at Lightspeed, but I need to get the car atleast running half descent to break the motor in and check for leaks, etc. I'm gonna tinker with it some more tonight and hopefully atleast get it running so I can make sure everything is good before trailering it to Cam.

If it's possible to just download the original basemap that was on the ECU, that would fix everything! Then If I make a mistake, I can just simply reload the basemap. I'd be able to figure out what is causing the problems as well.

Guest |356|

It's a 99 civic SiR with a b16a2 motor. Yes, I'm using the harness you suggested to me. The car was running (VERY rich though), then I tried to do all the sensor configs and now it won't run at all. If I can atleast get it running, then Cam can figure out the rest, but I need to get it running again.

Guest |356|

I got it. Once I'm done dinner, I will give it a go. With this basemap, should I just run it without doing all the sensor calibrations, or try doing them again? Last time it went horrible wrong, so if it will atleast run without touching the sensors, I will leave it alone, so I can atleast get it to Cam at Lightspeed.

Guest |356|

Good news, it is officially running again! 8-)

Bad news, I change the number in the fuel setup to reduce fuel, but it just keeps changing back to the original number. It's default at 22, I changed it to 16 and it did nothing and then shortly changed back. If I can get this fuel issue figured out, it should be good enough to get it to Cam.

Guest |356|

Okay, I will have to try that tommorow. Would that be the main problem it won't start running most likely? Or does the idle need to be adjusted to? I will also be contacting Cam tommorow to setup a time to get it tuned. Got a few minor problems to figure out in the mean time anyways. I really appreciate all the help. :)

Guest |356|

Well the car has died again. The basemap you sent me was working, idling really high though. I turned it off, tried to start it again, and now it just has the hickups. It turns over and tries to start, like it has the hiccups. Cam will be coming over to give me a hand with it, but he's super busy, so maybe with the help of everyone on here can get it figured out. I tried reloading the basemap you sent me and just doing the throttle calibration and still does the hiccups thing.

Cam phoned me yesterday about your car. He said he offered to come over the other night to your home and get the car running for you, but you said it was not convenient. This would have been a ideal opportunity to get the car running. For me to do this on a forum, I need this information.

1. The actual map loaded in your ECU now (not the one I sent you)

2. A data log showing rpm, manifold pressure, TPS, battery voltage, trigger error count and most importantly the air fuel ratio. The data log to be taken when cranking the engine or while running.

Ray.

Guest |356|

He called me as I was on my way to do something else, so I didn't have time. The map i'm using is the exact one you sent me, with just a throttle calibration done. I will try and get the log done tonight.

Guest |356|

Ray, I sent you a log of it running. Yes, it magically ran this morning. I just had it running for about 5-10 mins, shut it off, now it won't start again. Hopefully you can see a problem in the log and save Cam a lot of time running out here. Should have loaded it on the trailer this morning when I had it running!!! :twisted:

Dustin,

Your data log does not include the air fuel ratio. Without this I only have half of the information, and more then likely it would show the problem. The fact the car starts cold and then will not after it has need run for a while, tells me the master is too small.

You cannot start a engine with an after market ECU, if you do not have a wideband meter so you can see the air fuel ratio. Without this you are totally in the dark.

Also from you log I can see you are getting trigger errors. This means there is a problem with the wiring of the adaptor you have. My guess would be the adaptor does not have shielded wires.