no spark on cylinder 5,6 on supra tt with V88

Guest |380|

Guest |380|

hi, i just got to start my supra with the vipec box, but it wont fire on cylinder 5 and 6, no spark. it runs fine with the stock ecu so i think the problem is in the vipec box. i sent the software to my dealer and they checked it, nothing wrong there.

please help, i want to get the car running.

I very much doubt there is a problem with the ignition outputs. All Vipec ECU are thoroughly tested before shipping. Also it is hard to damage them.

Ignition outputs 5 and 6 are on the B connector. On pins B12 and B13. Check you have this correct.

If it is correct do this..

1. Remove the coils and spark plugs from the engine and refit the spark plugs to the coils. Then lay the coils on top of the engine with all their wires connected.

2. Use the ignition test feature in the software to check for spark on all spark plugs.

If you find there is no spark on some cylinders 5 and 6 then move the wires in B13 and B14 to A12 and A13.

Run the ignition test again. If you still have no spark on coils 5 and 6 then there is a wiring issue.

Ray.

Guest |380|

Ray: Thanks, will be testing that today.

Ok, now I know there's nothing wrong with the ecu, we drove 120 km yesterday to pick up a new ecu-box. Got home and tested it, same result.

But since the car runs fine on the stock ecu the problem must be somewhere before the stock wiring. We've tested the signal going through the B12 and B13 cable and the signal gets through.

Everything looks as it should...

Tested:

2x vipec ecu

2x pnp converters

2x everything in the engine bay that has anything to do with getting a spark

Now were going to check every cable and pin going between the ecu and pnp converter. If this doesn't work i dont know what to do

Guest |380|
Check harness B to see if the wires B12 and B13 on the ECU end of the harness go to B14 and B15 at the adaptor end.

The B harness is the smaller diameter harness and is the one closest to the USB port on the V88.

Ray.

Thanks for fast answers.

The wires B12 and B13 on the ECU go to B14 and B15 at the adaptor end.

All the wires has been tested and works.

It was my map that PPF Sweden sent you yesterday or the day before that, but ill send it again.

Now im completely lost, there's nothing wrong with anything and still the car wont go.