Idle Problem

Guest Marcel B

Guest Marcel B

Hi all ,

Its been a while since I've posted , since I had some difficulty logging on , anyways , my install was a great sucess and I am now enjoying my RX , slowly and carefully breaking in the motor . The other night on my way home from work , everything was fine until I stopped in some traffic , the motors' idle speed just started falling until it stalled . Since then its been giving me "real beans" it seems as though it idles normally when its cold , then quickly leans out (according to my WB) and stalls. I have checked everything I could thing of in the software and on the motor , I even bypassed the idle solenoid , letting it suck through a -6AN hose and it still does the same thing :!: I need help guys :!: PLEASE :!:

Guest Marcel B

Yes , all the analog temps are good , I even switched off the fuel and ignition compensation tables to eliminate this. I have been checking through all the screens at the bottom but I cant find anything wrong :!:

Guest Dave-Kriedeman

Marcel,

Do you have any fault history in the ECU from when the engine stalls.

Is the TPS calibration still ok, eg: throttle stop screw has been moved since you performed the TPS calibration.

Any vacuum leaks at the engine or intercooler pipe work etc.

Have you tried to disable the idle control and set up your idle using throttle blade air gap and timing to control your idle to see if the issue is idle valve related or something else.

Is your base fuel pressure still ok.

Have you inspected your sparkplugs for carbon fouling or wetness.

Try adding more timing to your lower engine speed cells to help stop stalling until you can figure out the problem.

Just a few suggestions for you.

You may have already tried these.

Good luck.