v44 and Haldex

Guest |366|

The rotary oil pump control function would be suitable to control the Haldex, if it worked with Bipolar stepper motors. In the new firmware about to be released support for Bipolar has been added, and CLC Stepper function can be selected rather then rotary oil control.

I have recently done some testing on the bench of the new firmware and a Haldex controller. It controlled the motor perfectly. I have send the Haldex to a dealer in the USA to test the control on a car.

To connect the ECU to the Haldex, the controller has to be pulled apart and you connect Aux 5,6,7,8 directly to the motor. There are four 4.7 ohm 5w resistors needed in each of the wires going to the motor, as the motor coil amp draw is too much for the Aux outputs.

Ray.

Guest |366|

thanks Ray,

and Aux 5,6,7 and 8 must be set to a rotary oil pump or ISC stepper.

When I use it like rotary oil pump want to set the table according to RPM and Gear position. The cells in table is a percentage or steps the motor.

And stepper calibration must be set to Fully open or fully closed?

Emanuil Dragomanov.

In the new software you select Aux 5,6,7,8 as Closed Loop Stepper Control. Then set them to Bipolar (4 terminal).

Also select a Analog Channel as CL Stepper Feedback. Then select a Cal to scale the feedback in percentage.

You can use gears and rpm as the axis of the CL Stepper table. The values used in the table are then 0 to 100%

Ray.