new firmware

Guest |109|

Guest |109|

Ray - i get a :

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /software/VTS_V4-4-1_Setup.exe on this server.

when trying to download it from the software page on the website.

cant wait to get it installed tho, looks like a HUGE amount of work has gone into this version ...

thanks

Guest |252|

Oops, forgot to mention you also have duplicate "- Improved digital filtering on analog channels selected to wideband." under the Firmware Features too. I am looking forward to the new firmware once the bug is squashed. :)

Guest Marcel B

There are a lot of GREAT new features with this new firmware version , I especially like the fact that you all actually listen to us and continuously try to add the stuff we ask for (for those who dont know , I had asked about the ability to have a tirtiary set of injectors and the GP user defined limiting tables). The only problem now is having to rewire some stuff to take advantage of these new features . By the way , no sign of the 4 wheel traction control in this version , would this be available anytime soon?

By the way , no sign of the 4 wheel traction control in this version , would this be available anytime soon?

In the new software there is slip percentage for the speed inputs. You can have up to four wheel speed inputs and the ECU will calculate the slip. This also can be used to check for clutch slip on drag cars. All that is needed now for true traction control is for the ECU to cut injectors to control slip. This is coming.

I have used the slip value in the 4.4.1 software to make my own traction control and It works....Below is the table I am using.

I still have some fine tuning in each gear, but test in second gear gave good traction. The engine makes 540 HP at the wheels and normally I would just smoke them in second.

By using ignition retard rather then injector cut like as would normally be used, the control is smooth. It would be increasing exhaust temp's, but would also keep turbo speed up as the power is reduced. I can hear this occurring.

SlipTractionControl.png

Guest Marcel B

Ok , great ....... I havnt' tuned her yet but I anticipate having a lot of traction problems :twisted: . So i have noticed that you are using the 4D ignition table to do this , is this how it going to be or would there be a dedicated table for TC? , what do you use to switch to the 4d table ? also , since you are using the 4D ignition map , can't the 4D fuel map also be used to cut fuel too ? and last but not least :D , is the ECU using all , some or any of the 4 wheel speed inputs for the % slip calculation ? how does it work ? at present I have sensors on all 4 wheels .

When there is true traction control, there will be settings for this. I am using the 4D table as removing timing was the best way I could see to reduce engine power. Yes I have a switch to turn the table on or off. Using any form of adjusting air fuel ratio would be ineffective or dangerous. When there is traction control feature, injectors would be cut to control power.

There is option to select the number of speed inputs. See below.

SlipSettings.png

Guest Marcel B
When there is true traction control, there will be settings for this. I am using the 4D table as removing timing was the best way I could see to reduce engine power. Yes I have a switch to turn the table on or off. Using any form of adjusting air fuel ratio would be ineffective or dangerous. When there is traction control feature, injectors would be cut to control power.

There is option to select the number of speed inputs. See below.

SlipSettings.png

Great ! ........I have unsucessfully tried downloading the new firmware , when I opened it up it was the prior version ( any reason why i still see version 4.3.4 on your website and the new version is 4.41?) :cry: , Ray can you please help me out and e mail it to me ? thanks a lot, also how would this work with the launch control feature ?