AFR lean on fan start

Guest |99|

Can anyone offer some advice on the following:

Crusing on light throttle (Nom. 2000RPM, MAP < 80kPa). When the radiator fan/s come on there is a short term lean out of about 1.0 AFR and then the AFR recovers back to the nomal range within about 3 sec. I am not concerned about the lean out causing damage as there is no load, however it does cause the engine to hesitate giving a gittery ride. The idle adjustments work fine as the engine picks up when at idle and does not stall etc. It is only at light throttle positions. I have looked at the transient MAP response but nothing is picked up. Any suggestions??

I have logged the "12V internal supply" and it is steady at 11.88V. I will log the "AUX 9/10 supply" assuming that this is the actual battery voltage and see if it changes.

Thanks flyrdm. I have used that site before but it does not have the right SARD injectors (high resistance type)

Logging of the battery voltage shows that there is a drop of about 2 VDC (13.8 to 11.9). I have increased the injector dead time a bit down at these voltages and it has helped. It looks like just a bit of fiddling will get me there.