Data Stream change with 4.4.1

rayhall

The Vlogger, Vdash, and Acceleration Timer software has been updated to work with the new data stream. Old versions will no longer work. You can download the new versions from the software page on the website.

Also I have added a new program called VPowerGraph. This will give you a power graph much like you get on a dyno. For it to work you need a wideband meter connected to the ECU and knowledge of the maximum injector flow. Here is a screen shot on the program. http://www.vi-pec.com/software/PowerGraphScreen.png

There is online help that you should read before using the program. This is a direct link to download the program.

http://www.vi-pec.com/software/VPowerGraphSetup.exe

Ray.

• 6 months later...
Guest Marcel B

Hi Ray ,

In an attempt to follow up on the RACE YECHNOLOGIES DASH2 and vipec interface , I joined their forum and asked ;

Hello all ,my very first post on the board! I'd like to know if there are any plans for an adapter to get the DASH 2 to work with VIPEC ecus?

This is the response I got ;

The ViPec ECUs have a CAN data output, so you can use the user configurable CAN ECU interface to connect to it. What you will need in order to program the CAN ECU interface is information about the CAN data stream coming from the ViPEC ECU. The manufacturer or dealer should be able to help you with that.

Is the information in the link on this page what they require ? is it ok if I link to this page from their forum ?

Marcel,

I rate this company as hopeless to deal with. They have all the information. Also I sent them a ECU and cables so they could make it compatible. When they did not active this they put the blame back on me stating I did not answer their engineers question in email they sent. You know me I always answer emails...

Also after my first contact with them, they put me on their mailing list, and send me spam all the time. They are good at doing this..

The fact they state the Vipec datastream is CAN bus is typical. Despite all my efforts they do not even know the Vipec uses RS232.

If you want to post this on their forum, then that is fine with me.

To your question...yes that file has everything they need to know.

Ray.

Marcel,

Just got this email from them. I will "try again" to get support for the Vipec.

Company: Race Technology

Name: Gummi Gudmundsson

Hello,

a number of our customers are/or have expressed interest in using Vipec ECUs in conjunction with out equipment.

In order to assist those customers as best we can would it be possible for you to send me information about the CAN data stream that is output from the ViPec ECUs?

best regards,

Gummi Gudmundsson

Guest Marcel B
Marcel,

I rate this company as hopeless to deal with. They have all the information. Also I sent them a ECU and cables so they could make it compatible. When they did not active this they put the blame back on me stating I did not answer their engineers question in email they sent. You know me I always answer emails...

Also after my first contact with them, they put me on their mailing list, and send me spam all the time. They are good at doing this..

The fact they state the Vipec datastream is CAN bus is typical. Despite all my efforts they do not even know the Vipec uses RS232.

If you want to post this on their forum, then that is fine with me.

To your question...yes that file has everything they need to know.

Ray.

:( Sigh , this is a pity , I think their dash is the best all round unit (, for my uses at least.)

Marcel,

Just got this email from them. I will "try again" to get support for the Vipec.

Company: Race Technology

Name: Gummi Gudmundsson

Hello,

a number of our customers are/or have expressed interest in using Vipec ECUs in conjunction with out equipment.

In order to assist those customers as best we can would it be possible for you to send me information about the CAN data stream that is output from the ViPec ECUs?

best regards,

Gummi Gudmundsson

:D:D OK , GREAT ! I'll let you guys handle it then. I eagerly await a POSITIVE outcome :D , thanks again Ray.

• 3 months later...