Idle speed control

Guest |297|

Guest |297|

Quick question guys about idle speed control, i have set up our ISC stepper, I was wondering if the lower number in the duty cycle % table, the higher the idle rpm is this correct???

I want to make sure that i have our adaptor wiring the correct way, i have no problems with controlling it just want to make sure the scale is the right way.

Also i still need to slightly crack the throttle to get it to easily start, once it is running it is ok and will idle fine. any ideas??

Thanks in advance

i assume you have the 6-wire stepper isc. swap the wiring logic between the 2 coils and you'll have the correct logic; smaller number % --> smaller opening.

for cold starts etc, use the idle-up table found in the isc menu.

Guest |297|

Thanks for the reply,

Ok so i need to swap wires to get the scale correct, but if i leave the wires for the moment i am guessing in the start up table i need to have a smaller number the higher the idle will be.

As there any disadvantages in leaving the ISC this way or must it be changed to the correct scale???

Guest |226|

Hi Bruce

the numbers in the idle position table for a stepper motor are step count from full open

so a small number will mean that the stepper motor is more open meaning more air bypass= higher idle speed

a larger number will mean that the stepper motor is more closed meaning less air bypass= lower idle speed

yes you need to get the stepper wired correct otherwise the corrections will not work correctly as start up step,fan,aircon, etc and closed loop control are all based of this assumption that a smaller number equals more air bypassed

If it is not correct then the corrections will work backwards to what you want

regards

Dave

Guest |297|

Thnaks Dave,

That is the way i have it the smaller number means higher idle. By the way this adaptor idle control is working fine you might need to check out that one i sent you, maybe also try another relay just to rule that out.

Any chance to send the map via email to me???