Run In

Guest |357|

Hi There ....

I've almost finished my engine build (evo 6.5 TME with gt3037r & 2.0L forged engine)... :lol:

So i was wondering whether i run in the engine with original ecu or with the Vipec v44 Pnp ?

It is important on a new engine when first started that the air fuel ratio is not excessively rich, and the engine does not spend too much time running with no load. Only 15 minutes of running at medium rpm with load, is all that is needed to bed in the rings. Your good oil should not be used in the engine when breaking in the rings. Use a plain 30 weight mineral oil. Castrol RX Super is a good break-in oil for turbocharged petrol engine. It gives the protection needed and is not too slippery for the rings.

So you need to decide how quickly you will have the engine running and with a rough tune, that will let you bed in the rings.

Ray.

• 4 weeks later...

Finally install the vi-pec v44 pnp into my car .... It start up the first time ... :lol:

My tuner did some safety tuning for my car as its still in the running process ... I also notice the rpm will swing to 7k & back just like the defi meter ... :D

Just can't wait for my car to run in & do the final tuning ... So far ... i have to say ... i'm 1 satisfied vi-pec customer ... :lol: