Nissan VH41/45 Control

Guest |416|

Hey Ray,

As yet haven't purchased one of these as I am still in the planning stages of the project which wil involve a quad cam Nissan VH41 or 45 or 41/45 hybrid going into a 240Z. Was talking to Michael Harris at Promotive in Brisbane and he put me onto these ecu's, I have read alot in the states about the VQ35 with Autronic, so I did a comparo via Google and the responses about these ecu's as opposed to the "other one" are chalk and cheese.

What I am wondering after looking at the wiring diagrams, is the VH cam angle sensor able to be supported or will I need to supply one to you so you can figure out how to read it? I know it has 360 slots on the outer ring and i believe 8 on a radius inside that one ( http://www.300zx-club.com/forum/showthr ... 932&page=2 ), you can see the disc here about halfway down the page, little bit of a blurb about the factory sensor too.

Also it has Var Cam timing sol on each bank which are on-1200rpm/off-4600rpm, I believe this unit will drive those, I want to run ITB's as he has but I am curious how to control idle air, something I need to look into, also the VH41 has individual ignitors on each coil, is the V88 going to be ok with these?

Just don't want to whinge if it can't, cause from what I've seen, even the quick tune make me want to put one on my XR6 turbo. Course I only have 10k kms left before warranty runs out, so it's possible, have you done one of these?

I would like to keep it naturally aspirated as it it easy to get 100hp/litre out of these motors and 9k rpm on a stock bottom end, which I feel is to be more than enough for a car that weighs little over a ton!!!

Any thoughts or advice would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Drew

Drew,

A few VQ35 engines have been done using the V88. I controls everything including the DBW throttle.

The VH41/45 has an optical trigger the same as most of the four and six cylinder engines. It is supported. Select Nissan Optical 360 Optical, and engine type as Other. Then use the Test ECCS sync to find the widest slot value.

Controlling the cams will not be a problem, also no problem with the coils. The Vipec will work with all idle valve types, so see no problem there either.