V88 and Direct cylinder injection?

Guest |164|

Hi Ray,

Do you think it would be possible for the V88 to run a VAG 2.0L TFSi engine with the direct cylinder fuel injection. I see the high pressure fuel pump close loop control being the main problem.

I am not concerned with the ecu running the tacho or the other CAN control systems, as I plan to use the engines in transplants?

Thanks

Jim.

Jim,

I had a dealer in Canada try to install the old brand ECU I sold, to a Volvo direct injection engine. I do not remember everything about it, but I know the control of the fuel pressure was the hard bit. For the injectors, he just used a DC to DC converter to get the higher voltage needed for the injectors. Switching the injectors was not a problem, so the V88 will have no problem.

The engine had an electric pump in the fuel tank and a mechanical pump on the end of the fuel rail. Both pumps had to be controlled and was quite difficult. He got the engine running, but never got a fully tuned engine.

Ray,

At some point in the near future i plan to try and get the V88 to run on the VAG engine, because i belive that all moden engines will be direct injection sooner or later!!!!

if anyone else has tried to run Direct injection on a aftermarket ECU i would love to know how you got on with it?

jim