Idle stepper

Guest |289|

I made a little stuff up installing the V88, I wired the stepper motor idle controller to aux 5 and 6 instead of 1 and 2 as suggested in the manual. Is it still necassary to change this to aux 1 and 2 or with recent firmware changes, is it able to be connected to any auxilary outputs?

Three wires go to it. It's a bosch 0 280 140 516 I flogged off an old volvo. I thought it was a stepper motor, guess not.

I haven't tested it apart from at pick and pull when I checked it on a battery.

Why can't it use one wire for open (aux 1) another for close(aux 2) and the other12V?

So maybe it isn't a stepper motor idle valve, what sort would it be?

• 10 months later...
Guest |660|

hyundai_elantra_05_genuine_idle_control_valve_oem_35150_23700_oe_3515023700oe.jpg

Ray, on the topic of three terminal ISC solenoids any idea how to test and setup one of the above? I picked up one from the wreckers because I didn't have enough I/Os to run a 4 wire stepper motor. Firstly, I measured 13ohm resistance between pin 3 & 2, 17ohm between 2 & 1 and 30ohm between 3 & 1. I put 12V on the middle pin and earthed the other two pins one at a time and there was no result (no movement, noise, etc.).

Then I setup the vavle on the car by wiring ign switched 12V to the middle pin (pin 2), aux #1 to pin 3 setup as "idle solenoid slave" and aux #2 to pin 1 setup as "idle solenoid" @ 200Hz. I unbolted the valve from the t/b and left it wired up. Then I turned on the car with idle control set so open loop but still couldn't get the idle solenoid to work even if I swapped pins 3 and 1 and changed the solenoid frequency through a range of values.

Any ideas? If this valve is broken then will a working one open/close if I test it with a battery at the wreckers?

• 4 weeks later...

Ray, sorry this has taken so long to reply. I lost the piece of paper that had the original vehicle i pulled the valve off but I found another vehicle that had an identical one - a 2006 Hyundai Accent.