Oil and fuel pressure sender units....

Guest |229|

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Marcel B

That is what my boost sensor looks like :? I assume that the hook up is the same? also can it be used to measure water (WI line)pressure ? is a cal table needed or is it preprogrammed?

Guest Marcel B
Marcel,

The 5 bar map sensor and this sensor are the same brand, so look the same. For the moment you need to use either a Cal or Cal Table to scale the oil/fuel pressure sensor.

Ok good , so what about use with water ? I would like to be able to monitor the line pressure in my WI system.

Ray, is there a lower pressure sensor offered that can do water pressure, perhaps a 5bar max? My cooling system should never go over 3bar absolute, so even a 3bar would work. I'd like the best resolution possible for it.

And what is the ballpark list price for these 10bar sensors?

Thanks,

Roman

Cool, thanks Ray. I'm really looking forward to running the ViPEC in the upcoming months! Between your support, the support of my local shop, and the features of the ECU itself, it should produce the precise results I am looking for.

Not to go too far OT, but where can the coolant pressure sensor be mounted? It should be able to be mounting in coolant, that is to say, on the thermostat housing or head, rather than in the top of the expansion tank (dry location), correct? Some people on the forum I frequent say it needs to be dry mounted, and others say it doesn't matter.