Polarity for Bosch 60-2 Sensor

Guest |346|

Which polarity is correct for the 60-2 trigger, I am having trigger problems above 5500rpm.

The green is the crank and the yellow is the cam traces.

I have been using this:

1.8t%20trigger.jpg

Should I be using this?

1.8t%20trigger%20swapped.jpg

Well I'm running the second way and it has cleared my trigger and power loss issues. This wiring is OPPOSITE of the factory bosch control which requires switching wires 1 and 2, and has what appears to me to be a negative spike followed by a positive, as opposed to the other way around as required in the manual.

I was just trying to increase the usefulness of the search function on the forum, as it looks to me like the signal falls before rising in the second trace picture. This is in addition to having to reverse the polarity of what the factory motronic uses, which is also why I figured I would add this to the forum archives.

To add to the usefulness of the information, the signals at the start and end of the missing tooth area tells you which way around the signal is. When a missing tooth is occurs, the signal goes much lower then when it sees the other side of any other tooth. Then as the first tooth after the missing teeth the signal will go much higher then all the following teeth.

Ray.

So how does this look for the Subaru 36-2-2 wheel? To me it looks like it triggers on the downward slope so I should be ok but my waveform doesn't have quite the shape of the Bosch 60-2.[attachment=0]Subaru 36-2-2-2 scope capture.jpg[/attachment]